- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt 1 cup
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Curry
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 4 lbs Chicken Thighs bone in
- Garam Masala (2 tsp for this recipe) *you can buy this spice in the grocery or make it yourself with this recipe
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Combine spices, yogurt and lime juice in small bowl and combine until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add chicken and rub until coated.
- Let rest for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place in baking dish and roast in 400-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Check chicken, rotate and return to oven to cook for additional 20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Garnish with fresh lime slices and cilantro.
Wild Rice Salad
- Juice from half an orange
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup wild rice – cooked and cooled
- 1 bunch fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup craisins
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup bell pepper diced
- Combine first 4 ingredients to prepare the dressing.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and season if necessary.
- 1 Cucumber Sliced thin
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Combine ingredients in container and mix thoroughly.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes or longer. Will keep for 3 days.
Lemon Basil Smash
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz your favorite whiskey
- 4 oz hard cider or plain seltzer
- Cut lemon into chunks in pint glass or shaker.
- Rip some basil leaves into glass.
- Smash these to get as much juice out of the lemons as possible.
- Add simple syrup, whiskey and some ice cubes.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into over fresh ice into serving glass.
- Top with hard cider.
- Garnish with fresh basil bunch or lemon slice.
Strawberry Rhubarb Mule
- 1 stalk fresh rhubarb chopped
- 2 oz strawberry jam, syrup or 4-5 fresh strawberries
- 3 oz your favorite plain vodka
- 1 oz ginger infused simple syrup *optional
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Place rhubarb and strawberries in glass or shaker.
- Muddle to soften rhubarb.
- Add vodka and simple syrup with ice cubes.
- Shake for 30-45 seconds.
- Strain over fresh ice into serving glass.
- Add ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh rhubarb slice or fresh strawberry.
Summer Fruit Spritzer
I like to use strawberries, mangos, peaches, or nectarines. Any fruit that complements the wine you will be using will work. You can also freeze this fruit to help keep your drink cold without watering down your drink!
- Small handful of cut fresh fruit
- 4 oz chilled white wine like Chardonnay or Pino Grigio
- 4 oz sparkling wine, prosecco or Champagne
- Place fruit in wine glass.
- Pour wine over fruit.
- Add sparkling wine.
- Maple Syrup